Skip to content
Did you know????
19 interesting, fun facts about your dogs:
- An adult dog has 42 teeth. Puppies have 28.
- There are 703 purebred dog breeds.
- The smallest dog breed in the world is Chihuahua.
- The largest dog breed in the world is Wolfhound.
- Dogs have an estimated 1,700 taste buds in a dog’s mouth (humans average about 10,000).
- A dog’s sense of smell is up to 100,000 times stronger than the average human.
- It’s a myth that dogs are colorblind. They see color, just not as well as humans.
- America has the largest dog population in the world.
- Greyhounds are the fastest dog. They can reach speeds of nearly 45 miles per hour.
- Three dogs survived the sinking of the Titanic (a Pekingese and two Pomeranians).
- Humans have kept dogs as pets for more than 12,000 years.
- Paul McCartney recorded an ultrasonic whistle only dogs can hear at the end of the Beatles song, “A Day in the Life.”
- Why do dogs chase their tails? Sometimes it is because they’re curious or they need exercise, but it can also be a sign of anxiety or fleas! If your dog does it a lot, talk to your vet.
- Do dogs dream? Yup! Dogs and humans have the same kind of sleep cycles. That twitching and paw movements are signs your pet is dreaming.
- Speaking of hot… did you know dogs only sweat through the pads of their feet?
- Dogs curl up in a ball when they sleep because of an age-old instinct to keep themselves warm and protect their vital organs from predators.
- The average dog is as smart as a two-year-old child.
- Teddy Roosevelt’s dog, Pete, ripped a French ambassador’s pants off at the White House.
- An estimated 1 million dogs in the U.S. have been named as the primary beneficiaries in their owner’s will.
error: Content is protected due to Copyright Law!!!